Launched in May 2020, the H2020 BlackCycle project, made up of 12 partners and led by the world’s leading French tyre manufacturer Michelin, aims to create a European value chain for the recycling of end-of-life tyres in order to produce highly technical secondary raw materials for the production of new tyre ranges.
The AXELERA cluster, partner of the BlackCycle project, organised this international event to facilitate meetings and discussions with potential stakeholders of the technical solution that will be developed at the end of the project.
The day started with an introductory speech by Christophe Moriceau, Vice President of Advanced Research of the Michelin Group, followed by the presentation of 5 ongoing European projects related to the circular economy:
- Projet H2020 BlackCycle Michael Cogne (Michelin)/Ramon Murillo (ICB-CSIC)/Robert Meyer (Orion)/Eleni Paxatouridou (CERTH/CPERI)
A major European project for recycling end-of-life tyres into new tyres
- Projet H2020 Polynspire David Garcia (Tecnalia)
Innovative technologies for plastic recycling
- Projet H2020 Re-sourcing Laura Almar (CSIC)
A Global Stakeholder Platform for Responsible Sourcing in Mineral Value Chains
- Projet H2020 iCareplast Alexander Graf (Institute for managing sustainability)
Integrated Catalytic Recycling of Plastic Residues into Added-value Chemicals
- Projet H2020 Iceberg Alfredo Elias (CIRCE)
Circular Economy of Building Materials
The plenary session ended with a presentation by Benoît Heubert, Managing Director of Euromaster, on the circular economy strategy developed at Euromaster.
During the afternoon, four networking sessions took place on the themes of the circular economy, waste disposal at European level, pyrolysis and the criticality of raw materials for the mobility of the future. These sessions were marked by the interventions of:
- Circular economy session: Jean Michel Douau (Eco-design cluster), Margarita Dorato (Michelin)
- Raw materials for the mobility of the future session: Laurence Lamm (ERMA), Françoise Granet (Michelin), Alberto Bollero (IMDEA)
- Waste disposal session: Céline Dupuis (INERIS)
- Pyrolysis session: Ramon Murillo (CSIC)
The event then continued with a visit to Michelin’s test tracks and the Michelin Innovation Pavilion (PIM) before closing with a networking cocktail allowing participants to exchange business cards and discuss the circular economy.
You will find below all the presentations of the plenary sessions:
- H2020 project iCAREPLAST – Laura Almar –
- Pyrolysis – Ramon Murillo – CSIC
- H2020 projet Passenger – Alberto Bollero – IMDEA
- H2020 project Re-Sourcing – Alexander Graf – University of Wien
- H2020 BlackCycle project – BlakcCycle consortium
- Critical Raw Materials – Laurence Lamm – EIT RM
- Circular economy – Nadège Van Lierde – Pôle écoconception
- H2020 Iceberg project – David Garcia – Tecnalia