Institut National de l’Environnement et des Risques
Founded in 1990, Ineris is a public research institute, with industrial and commercial purposes, under the supervision of the French Ministry in charge of Environment.
The mission of Ineris is to assess and prevent accident and chronic risks to people and the environment generated by industrial activities, chemical substances and underground works. The various activities of Ineris consist of :
- Coordinating and participating in national and international research programs related to risks and environment,
- Providing technical support to public authorities for drafting and implementing regulations and standards,
- Providing study and consultancy services on behalf of public authorities, industry and local/regional authorities,
- Developing methodological and decision support tools (guides, data bases…) and providing information and training for the economic and institutional stakeholders.
The research activities of Ineris on safety and environment essentially deal with :
- The characterization and understanding of the phenomena that govern the risks affecting safety or property of people, health and environment as a result of economic activities;
- The improvement of the identification, evaluation and mitigation of such risks in order to enable decision makers in the public and private sectors to adopt the most appropriate measures to improve environmental safety.
Role in the project
Environment, health and safety assessment and co-design of industrial processes.